Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chevron


 

Chevron patterns are everywhere and I too was bit by the bug. So much so that I used every scrap of the last of my yardage of Verona by Riley Blake. It ended up being a king size quilt to put on my queen bed and hangs nearly to the floor.  

It just might be my new favorite.


For a long time, I thought that the chevron craze was a new trend. 

Oh how wrong I was.

Think of all the afghans that were hand made from long ago (maybe not that long). Nearly all of them had this look going for them.

Aren't you so glad the colors have changed? Either way, the chevron print has been popular for a long time and I love to see people put such a wonderful spin on an old classic.


Here is an overall view of the quilt where you can see the swirly quilting. Where this quilt was so large, I decided to do something meandering and quick. Otherwise, I would have been quilting it for months.

In the borders, a crosshatch design was done to mimic the chevron center.


Happy Quilting
-Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment